Wednesday, April 02, 2014

"Burpees are killing me."

That's the first text I received this morning.

The second was, "I just accidentally msged ninja that, not you.  Ooops.  Haha."

Good morning, Suzie Spitfyre!  This is the kind of message I get first thing in the morning from my partner-in-crime and fellow ninja-in-training, Jacqueline.  Remember, when I said surround yourself with positive people?  Jacqueline is one of my positive people.  She has been training with the ninja for 4 months or so...and she gets it.  We gripe about which body part hurts and why, and we also celebrate our mastery of certain exercises...burpees aren't her favourite, obviously. 

This morning I woke up to an achey chest, wrists, arms, sides of legs, and a bunch of other stuff.  Damn those Bosu flyer tilt things.  It's been a while since I have felt the pain of working out...and not because I haven't been working hard, but because I have gotten into better shape.  Now I have to push even harder to get that good hurt.   

And for the record...I heart burpees, and those flyer tilt thingies too.

3 comments:

  1. My new mantra "I can do a burpee!!!" I still look like a geriatric frog when I attempt them. Tell me that one day they get easier….

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will get easier! And you will love what burpees do for you...even if you don't ever fall in love with them. Geriatric frog today = deadly Poison-Arrow frog tomorrow! Keep going!

      Delete
    2. Poison-Arrow Frog!!!!!!!

      Delete