Saturday, July 13, 2013

Weigh-in Wednesday #25

Wednesdays are fast becoming my favourite day of the week, I enjoy everything about them except for the insomnia that takes over in the wee hours of the morning because 10,000 butterflies stir in my stomach before I do.  Seriously, wide awake at 5AM.  And, here's the thing...I've been weighing-in for 25 weeks now and it only takes me one blah weigh-in week to get back on track.  I go into emergency goodie two-shoes mode with my food, drink, and exercise again...like it's week 1 or 2 or something.  I don't even go off the rails really in the first place, I just don't have that perfect balance that I need to get consistent losses...and maybe I stop and get a drink in the bar car too often and occasionally indulge in too many potatoes in the dining car.  Train in Vain.  Time to take other transport.

Last week, I explored the option of taking my bike to the gym, did that for a couple of days...but couldn't get comfortable on the roads.  I'm scared of traffic, I'll admit it.  Going over the Blue Bridge for the first time was also quite the experience.  When I sneak in the extra exercise though, I think it really makes a difference on weigh-in day.  Making dates to hang out with people goes a little like this now:  "Want to go for a walk, or hike, or steal a bike so you can ride it with me?"  And speaking of hiking, I'll admit to opting out of stairs after a cardio session with the ninja, but I will not opt out of a hike with Sheenagh.  So last week I also added climbing a mountain to the list of things I do outside of the gym.  We'd tackled Mount Doug before, so this time was Finlayson.  The last "mountain" I thought I had conquered was Iwatayama, in Kyoto.  As it turns out, Mount Finlayson is 2.3 times bigger than that wee little peak in Japan...and has not one single monkey on top.  Sheenagh assured me that I could handle this trail, though many others said it was a steep hike.  It was, but we did it.  Nothing quite like getting lapped by a one-eyed powder puff to make you climb faster - I'm speaking of Laddu, Sheenagh's pirate pooch, tiny, fluffy, and a cyclops due to a Christmas dinner fiasco.  Like, monkey mountain, I forgot all about my burning quads and aching calves as soon as we hit the peak...gorgeous views, glorious sunshine, and that sense of accomplishment that comes from standing at what seems to be the top of the world!  This is my kind of exercising, I get sweaty, but I don't feel like I'm doing cardio...it's more of a communing with nature thang. *Hit gong now*  And that's how my week went, cardio on weekday mornings, cardio on weekday nights, add in a couple of ninja sessions, take Saturday off, attempt to go to the gym on Sunday but get thwarted by summer hours, but then hop on your bike for a 30K ride to Langford and back (unexpected run-in with Slim Sandy, Willa-Mae, and Rad Juli along the way), add some spinning and yoga to the mix...and voilà...lost 6.5 pounds this week!

Suzie Spitfyre - Queen of the Mountain!  Haha...
Starting weight:  292.1
1st weigh-in:  286.8
2nd weigh-in:  280.1
3rd weigh-in:  276.4
4th weigh-in:  274.1
5th weigh-in:  270.6
6th weigh-in:  266.2
7th weigh-in:  262
8th weigh-in:  261.4
9th weigh-in:  257.7
10th weigh-in 251.4
11th weigh-in 247.3
12th weigh-in 243.6
13th weigh-in 241.7
14th weigh-in 235.4
15th weigh-in 235.4
16th weigh-in 227.7
17th weigh-in 223.5
18th weigh-in 223.5
19th weigh-in 221.6
20th weigh-in 221.6
21st weigh-in 215.6
22nd weigh-in 213.2
23rd weigh-in 207.9
24th weigh-in 206.6
25th weigh-in 200.1


Things couldn't have gone much better...losing 6.5 pounds on my 25th week feels darn good.  Of course, I may have attempted to weigh-in 34890328903892 times to see if positioning myself differently on the scale would make it drop just a little more to get me to my goal of under 200 pounds.  It stayed firm on 200.1 and then attempted to give me a number far greater than that...so I decided to give it the boot under the bed, and accept 200.1 - that takes me to 92 pounds lost in total.  I can hardly believe it.  Looking back at my 3rd weigh-in, at which point I had lost the equivalent of an above-average cat...I will now explain how much weight I have lost with a couple of photographs:




  






  
Yes, my friends, I have lost the equivalent of a Japanese school girl...or 6 macaques...or 9 cats.  And in butter?  Well, that's ridiculous!

4 comments:

  1. I have to say, you are seriously an inspiration to me! I've been following your blog for a while now and just realized that you have a blog on the TC website & I work at the TC (I'm the evening janitor). Haha. Wow. Small world. :)

    I am on my journey to getting healthier as well and my highest weight was 365 lbs. I dropped to 278 lbs in 2011 but since then, have gained most of it back (sitting at 328 lbs right now). I've been using myfitnesspal.com to help me stay organized (love that site) but even that has become redundant. Reading your weigh-in blog posts make me happy and help to keep me motivated!

    I use my facebook page as constant support as well as working out with my sister (makes it way more fun!)

    https://www.facebook.com/JourneyToANewHealthierMe

    That is my facebook page if you are interested to check it out. I agree that hiking is one of my favorite things to do for exercise outside of the gym! :D You'll see a photo I just uploaded of me standing on top of Seymour Hill at Thetis Lake. :) You're post reminded me of it, so thought I'd share with all my fb peeps. :)

    Anyways, wanted to thank you and wish you continued luck and health on your journey Suzie!!!

    Love Shelley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shelley! That's so funny that you've been following my blog and didn't realise I started it because of the TC Health Challenge. It is a small world indeed.

      You know, the cool thing is...that you know how to lose the weight, even if you have gained some of it back. Don't give up! And thank you for sharing your facebook page with me. I need to check back in there and see how you're going...and get some inspiration from you:-)

      Delete
  2. You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete