Sunday, April 14, 2013

We interrupt our regularly scheduled programming to bring you this public service announcement:

When I work out, I get sweaty...really sweaty...and yet, I have never felt the urge to whip off my shirt à la Brandi Chastain.  So why is it that some of the men at the Crystal Pool & Fitness Centre do?  I like to think of this phenomenon as "the peacock effect."  This should rustle a few
"Hey, ladies!"
feathers to be sure. 

When I train, I generally don't wear make-up, I'm in impossibly stretchy clothing that pretty much shows ever curve and dimple, my hair is soaked with perspiration and stuffed into ponytails, and the last thing on my mind is how sexy I look.  

I'm more concerned with pushing myself further than the last time I was on the elliptical, or picking up my knees higher in aerobics class (or actually following the not-so-complicated choreography, let's be honest), or even running for longer than a minute and a half on the treadmill before jumping off...and at no time have I ever thought, I bet it'd be really attractive to show more skin and let it all hang out.  Or, how about I show off those stretched out tattoos on my lower back that I haven't had a chance to get touched up in 17 years.  Nor, have I contemplated running on the treadmill sans part of my wardrobe....and neither should you.

I think there's a sign somewhere in the facility that says:  No shirt, no shoes, no service...and if there isn't, there should be.

So please, boys...shirts on while working out.

Swimmers, as you were.

No comments:

Post a Comment