Friday, April 05, 2013

Weigh-in Wednesday # 10

Weigh-in Wednesday - 9 days ago - Things were good.  Very good.  My best friend was in town from Montréal AND my workouts were on track.

Wednesday the 20th - Morning workout anticipating Del's arrival...an hour on the machines and an aerobics class, and I skipped the Crystal Fools at night and opted for cleaning-the-house-cardio instead.

Thursday the 21st - I did elliptical for an hour and an hour on the treadmill...kinda boring, but sweat-inducing nonetheless.  I had to get it over with, Del flew in at noon.

Friday the 22nd - Del and I warmed up for 1/2 an hour on the elliptical and then we joined the Ultimate Sculpt class...this means aerobics with weights.  I soldiered on for another 1/2 hour on the elliptical, because somehow I knew we would not be coming back for an evening workout.

Saturday the 23rd - Day off...for everyone.  And I dressed like a girl that day, instead of a gym rat.

Sunday the 24th - FIT camp with the ninja...haha...so just after I'd hopped off the elliptical for 1/2 an hour, I got back on it for another 1/2 hour of intervals.  And it is the first time in recent history that I felt like I was going to throw up all over myself...heart rate, meet 172 again.  Then as a group we did some core exercises and other body weight strength stuff...and then I had a ninja session on top of that.  Before supper at the famdam's we took the crazy Mexican (Pinta, the dog) for a walk on the beach.  Lovely.    

Monday the 25th - As you may have read,  was spin class..and before that the same sort of routine that we did on Friday.  

And finally...

Tuesday the 26th - Elliptical followed by a ninja session with Jonathan, and a lovely bendy Yoga for Recovery class with Taryn.  

So what did I learn this week?  Well, if you double up on your cardio, that you only have to go to the gym once and it's all done in one shot.  Also, that having a friend over doesn't mean that you abandon all your healthy new habits.  Del was game to tag along to the gym and to eat the food that I made for dinner.  We even went out to lunch a few times, and again I made good choices and the results...well....they speak for themselves.     

Good bye 40 + pounds.
Starting weight:  292.1
1st weigh-in:  286.8
2nd weigh-in:  280.1
3rd weigh-in:  276.4
4th weigh-in:  274.1
5th weigh-in:  270.6
6th weigh-in:  266.2
7th weigh-in:  262
8th weigh-in:  261.4
9th weigh-in:  257.7
10th weigh-in 251.4

My 10th weigh-in was the 2nd most successful of the entire challenge.  My second week on programme (which happened to be the first week I worked out) I was down 6.7 pounds, and this week, I was down 6.3 pounds...yes please, I'll take it!  Grand total 40.7 pounds gone.  May have been the spinning, I know I only did it once, but it was intense!  Or it could have been all those good vibes that Del sent my way :-)

8 comments:

  1. Holy workouts Batwoman!!! Incredible! 40lbs!
    You totally ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I've been reading your page, chickadee, you're no slacker yourself!

      Delete
  2. Anonymous4/09/2013

    I stand firm by my decision not to "spin" (although I'm convinced that had Felicia been my fist spinning instructor, I probable would have liked it! I also believe that no matter who your instructor is ... your ass will hurt!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No! No no no no no...you will sp!n again...and you will like it. Haha...or at least I'll make you do it with me when I'm in Montréal and you take me sp!nn!ng. Haha...or weaving...or whatever!

      Delete
  3. Wow I'm proud of you! Love your determination and sheer guts. I'll be reading your blog and cheering you on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww...thank you. I got too much "guts" at the moment..that's why I have to go work out. Haha...

      Delete
  4. Anonymous4/15/2013

    I really look forward to following your progress. Your energy is awesome and as someone who has recently lost 50 pounds (with more to go) i appreciate your sense of humour and joy of life. It helps me keep everything in perspective. You definitely rock! Congrats on your progress. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you! I sure am trying.

      And, well done you! 50 pounds is amazing, I'm proud of you for that kind of commitment! And the fact that you're continuing, like me Keep me posted on your progress as well.

      I find that I have to laugh throughout this journey, because if I weren't laughing, I'd be crying...and who wants that. ;-P

      Delete