Friday, April 26, 2013

Weigh-in Wednesday #13

So, no more Times Colonist Heath Challenge...and where does that leave me?  Well, I'm sitting here blogging in the lobby of the Crystal Pool & Fitness Centre, so that should tell you something.  

After training hard for 3 months, it was time for a bit of a break...April 14th to the 21st was my "Active Rest" period.  What does that mean?  Exactly what it sounds like it means...active rest gives your body a break, it lets your joints recover from all the stress they've been under.  I worked out once a weekday (rather than 2 or 3 times) and only did light cardio...walking not running, elliptical not stairs, that sort of thing.

On Wednesday, I was expecting to stay the same and not lose too much as I'd gone pretty easy on the weekend and the beginning of the week.  When I stepped on the scale and saw 241.7, I was not surprised.

Starting weight:  292.1
1st weigh-in:  286.8
2nd weigh-in:  280.1
3rd weigh-in:  276.4
4th weigh-in:  274.1
5th weigh-in:  270.6
6th weigh-in:  266.2
7th weigh-in:  262
8th weigh-in:  261.4
9th weigh-in:  257.7
10th weigh-in 251.4
11th weigh-in 247.3
12th weigh-in 243.6
13th weigh-in 241.7
Now, let me just say that I did weigh-in officially the previous Thursday at PISE and saw even lower numbers, but I believe them to be false as it was a day after my real weigh-in day...and I purposefully dehydrated myself and skipped breakfast to get a super low number to go out with a bang.  Haha...so 241.7, I'll take it...that's 1.9 less than last week and brings me to a total of 50.4 pounds lost.  Not too shabby.
Now, let's see how my body deals with active rest plus a weekend away on Pender Island. 

No comments:

Post a Comment