Tuesday, January 15, 2013

And now for something completely different...

Why yes, this is a children's train
So...I'm pretty much used to taking shortcuts, elevators, escalators, people movers, small children's trains, taxis, golf carts, trollies, metros and cars to get to where I want to go.  In fact, as a passenger of those vehicles I even tend to take on the direction of their parking process.  It goes something like this:  "For efficiency sake, park right next to the door,"  or, "You know, we'll be in and out of there faster if we don't park at the very end of the parking lot."  Because...this is all about being as effective as possible and maximizing time management, right?  Wrong.  I've heard tell of a specific word for this sort of condition...one that most aptly sums up my behaviour in cases such as this...what was that word again?  Oh ya.  LAZY!

That changes today...because today I have my fitness testing at the Canadian Sport Institute Victoria's lab.  I have been fasting for over 12 hours so they can accurately gauge my resting metabolic rate...and believe you me, I'm starving and I'm thirsty and my evil (darling) husband Stéphane is making himself a cappuccino.  Not to sound like a mad scientist of anything...but...GET ME TO THE LAB!  

No comments:

Post a Comment